25 May 2020 Saskatchewan, Canada

Imagine Me (Shatter Me #6) by Tahereh Mafi

Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 462
Source: The Ripped Bodice
Buy: Amazon|Indigo Canada|Barnes&Noble|Book Depository
Rating: 4/5
The explosive finale to the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Shatter Me series. Juliette Ferrars. Ella Sommers. Which is the truth and which is the lie? Now that Ella knows who Juliette is and what she was created for, things have only become more complicated. As she struggles to understand the past that haunts her and looks to a future more uncertain than ever, the lines between right and wrong—between Ella and Juliette—blur. And with old enemies looming, her destiny may not be her own to control. The day of reckoning for the Reestablishment is coming. But she may not get to choose what side she fights on.-Goodreads

I have mixed feelings about the end of the Shatter Me series. I enjoyed this book but did not like this as the ending to a series. I felt there should have been another novel. That Imagine Me was a rush to end things. This felt especially true with that epilogue. 


We spend most of Imagine Me, except for the end, rotating between Kenji's and Juliette's POV. While I enjoyed a lot of the interactions between Kenji and Warner, I missed Warner's point of view. 

Imagine Me, honestly, felt like a copy of Defy Me. Even Kenji comments, at one point, how this felt like Deja Vu. I felt the ending in this book was also too easy. 

Adam, also, did not get the attention he deserved.

The epilogue was very confusing. Will there be another novella? Because that epilogue was not satisfactory. I have so many questions. It is one of those endings where the author leaves it up to the readers to imagine what happens next. I. DON'T. LIKE. THOSE. KIND. OF. ENDINGS. 

There are so many characters we don't get to see, in the end, as a proper send-off. I wanted more scenes between Warner and Juliette. 

I rated this book 4 stars because I enjoyed the book, itself, as a standalone. However, for an ending to a series, it did not impress me, and it did not leave me satisfied. I. WANT. ANOTHER. BOOK. OR. A. NOVELLA. 

Imagine Me is fast-paced and easy to read in a day or two. Kenji is an enjoyable narrator and one of my favourite characters in the Shatter Me series. There were times when I found myself laughing at the funny parts. 

I love Tahereh Mafi's writing style. It is so unique and I envy it. Mafi's writing style is very poetic. There is so much emotion that comes through when the characters' are narrating their point of view. 

The only downside that I found with Mafi's writing style was I felt there were some information and descriptions, missing in the text. I do not want to give any spoilers away, but some things (both at the beginning and the end) were left unsaid and up to the readers' imagination. I would have liked more context and description in some of the chapters. 

Overall, Imagine Me was a good read but unfortunately, it did not feel like a good conclusion to the Shatter Me series. I feel like I need another book or novella to properly send these characters off.


Post a Comment

Instagram

© A Bookish Star . Design by Soleilflare.